January 2012 is officially over and I’m pretty happy with how my goals went. I’ve been working really hard to accomplish them for I feel that they are important in my life.
- Put $100 aside each month to start an emergency fund. The money is sitting in my paypal account so when I do a mass withdrawal of it then I will transfer the funds over to which ever account I’ve decided to set up as my emergency fund.
- Keep my bank account above $1,500 (as to avoid being charged the service fee). This has been done, and should be rather easy to maintain. If I get anywhere below $2,000 in my account I might start to freak out.
- Decorate my new house for under $3,000. So far everything that is inside my new house is items that I already own or have been gifted to me. I’ll keep track of whatever I buy. I suspect that this won’t be for a while as cash is pretty tight.
- Lose 50 pounds by December 31st 2012. To date I am down 14.4 pounds.
- Take some photography classes // use my Camera more often. I attended 4 camera classes during the month and they were okay. I got them on sale, so I’m glad I did not have to pay full price. I did learn some things. I haven’t actually used my camera other then to take house photos.
- Cook at least 5 new meals a month and blog about it. I only cooked 3 meals this month and 2 I blogged about. I made Garlic Brushetta Bread, Gnocchi and cooked Vegetables.
- Set up a Household Management Binder and actively use my Day Planner and Calendar. I’m still in the process of completing the Binder. Most of the papers are inserted and my day planner is with me all the time.
- Visit my grandparents at least twice a month, or invite them over to my place. I’ve seen my Nonna (moms mother // she’s not included in this goal as I see her daily) often, and I saw my grandparents (dad’s parents) once in January.