Today I present to you a very easy wall decoration that I’ve made and have gotten so many compliments on it. I have one hanging in my kitchen and one in my bedroom. I apologize for no photos showing the process, but I honestly didn’t think to take any while making it because it’s just that simple. I think it took me all of 15 mins to make.
This is the finished product, and it hangs in my bedroom above my bed.
What I did:
1. Purchase a photo frame from any store that sells them.
2. Purchase a wall decal and remove it from its packing. Mine was rolled so I had to flatted it out for several days.
3. Remove the backing and any paper inserts from the frame. They can be discarded.
4. Remove the glass from the frame.
5. Clean the glass; on both sides.
6. Figure out where/how you want the decal to go onto the glass. (Mine are not the removable and re-stick kind)
7. Apply the decal per the instructions, making sure there are no bubbles.
8. Place glass back into frame, use caulking to secure it.
9. Let caulking dry over night.
10. Hang frame.
I purchased my written wall decals from a craft store, however I have seen them at the dollar store and walmart as well. Animal wall decals are also available as are a ton of other ones, if the sayings aren’t your thing. Almost anything you can think up can be made into a decal I would imagine. I’ve seen the Eiffel tower as a decal, chalkboard decals, and even a clock decal. I’m not sure how well they would work in a frame if they aren’t removable so that is something to consider if and when you decide to purchase a wall decal. Reason I chose to put mine into a frame and not just onto the wall is because my paint is crap and I think the frame makes it look that much better.
My dad was the one that suggest I use calking to hold the glass into place and it seems to be holding up really well, as I imagine it would. I had planned to use a hot glue gun originally, but he advised against it.
The only room I have left to decorate is the family/living room (I never know what to call it) and spare bedroom. I imagine those will remain pretty bare for a while as I hardly have any furniture.